I can't help singing along to the radio and dancing like no one's watching (even when people are watching).
I enjoy playing music, listening to music and especially dancing to music! All just for fun, I don't profess any level beyond amateur.

My favorite vacation each year is our trip to Sun Valley, a week filled with the free Sun Valley Summer Symphony. I love the relaxation, the cool mountain air, spending time with family and especially the fabulous concerts!
I'm lucky enough to lead the choir in Primary and love those cute little faces!
Before Primary I was the Ward Music Chair leading the Sacrament Music and Conducting the Ward Choir . . . good times!
I've sung in choirs since I was 12 years old, including school musicals, High School Concert Choir, Institute Choir and productions of Scrooge and Oliver. I Sing Alto so singing the Primary songs each week has really been a stretch, which is good for me, lol!
I have played Violin since I was 10 years old and the Piano for years before that.
This year I was inspired by a few sources to learn a new instrument.
First by the video Cello Wars - something about Darth Vader playing the accordion just makes me smile!
Second by the song Stereo Love - I love the little accordion ditty, it was the first thing I figured out how to play!
Third by my favorite Musicians Midas Whale - When Ryan busted out the accordion on The Voice auditions it made my heart sing!
Fourth My older brother Tom, whom I've always looked up to - he played the accordion and had lessons when we were growing up. Unfortunately his instrument was ruined when our basement was flooded with mud back in 2000.
This was a month ago, I've improved since then!
I scoured the classifieds and found a good deal on a used Accordion. I have been having so much fun learning to play it . . . seriously!
Lately I've been to some fabulous concerts with incredible local musicians! I go to see my peeps Midas Whale and end up meeting wonderful new folks each time!
I became a fan of Jon Peter Lewis when he was on American Idol Season 3 (2004). I've followed his music career ever since and was beyond excited to hear of his joining forces with Ryan Hayes to form the duo Midas Whale. America fell in love with them on The Voice and they continue to enchant with their creative, witty talent! I go to every show I can because I'm thoroughly entertained EVERY time!
Presenting this month only their fabulous production of Deep Love: A Ghostly Folk Opera in Rexburg, Idaho 10/18-10/19, Idaho Falls, Idaho 10/25-10/26 and Salt Lake City, Utah 10/31-11/2.
Deep Love is a glimpse at life through the eyes of a young widow as she struggles to meet the demands of her deceased husband's undying love.
Arrive to the theater in the attitude of mourning to witness the deep complexities of love as sweethearts turn into adversaries in pursuit of what they cannot live without.
Deep Love is a modern breed of classical opera. It is a story told through continuous music that blends traditional folk instruments and melodies with bluesy American rock.
Featuring talent from the hit show The Voice - Midas Whale, Amy Whitcomb and Savannah Berry.
The story and music were written by Ryan Hayes and Garrett Sherwood in 2010. From its humble beginnings in the Rocky Mountain West, Deep Love has soared into a major theatrical production with overwhelming fan support and praise.
Music lovers like me . . . you must go, it will be incredible!



No comments:
Post a Comment