Monday 8/11 - Moira and I spent a nice relaxing day at home. She ran in the sprinklers and played on the slide in the backyard while I read Harry Potter on the deck.
Tuesday 8/12 - We went to the Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life ($2 Tuesdays in August) with Grandma S and some friends. Moira loved seeing the Dinosaurs and digging in the sand. We spent a couple hours on our feet in a very crowded museum, but it was fun!Wednesday 8/13 - I went in for my appt with the nurse midwife and she said everything looks good and to expect a baby any day starting today for the next 5 weeks (as some women go anywhere from 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after their due date).
If you read my "Wheat Grinder" post you know I've been wanting to get our food storage in order. Well, I had called the cannery and they were booked out through October. I figured I was getting almost everything in bulk quantities anyway so I could just check out the canner/sealer and do it at home. So after my Dr's appt Moira and I went out to the Magna Cannery and loaded the car to the brim with bags of wheat, flour and sugar plus all the canning equipment. Weds night after Moira went to bed Rich and I spent a couple hours doing "dry pack" canning. It was not hard and even a little enjoyable but a lot of standing. Now we have a good start on food storage, hooray!
Thursday 8/14 - Our day to go shopping every other week. Usually we go together after Rich gets home from work but that makes for a late dinner and bed time for Moira. Plus it was our monthly trip to Sam's Club too. I was feeling ambitious and headed out to Sam's Club and Walmart after Moira's nap figuring I'd get home right when Rich did so he could help unload the car. So that was another couple of hours continuously on my feet, I was pretty worn out by the time I got home!
Friday 8/15 - Moira and I had a fun time at the Davis County Fair with my mom, my cousin and her 2 kids. It's free and they had a petting zoo, 2 kids activity tents and one of those creature encounter booths where Moira held a big hairy tarantula!! With a couple of hours on my feet under my belt before lunch I was ready for a nap and actually got one, hooray! It was a good thing too because we had a super fun girl's night planned. Natalie (Rich's sister) won 4 tickets to B98.7's "Erin's Slumber Party" and invited myself, Niki (Rich's other sister) and Cheryl (Rich's mom). At 6:30pm we were off for a night of food, fun and more! They had all different booths and vendors with prizes and activities. We sampled the chocolate fountain, tried the intelliBED, had pedicures (kind of, the beauty school students were a little lazy by 10:15pm at night), got in touch with our "Angels" and saved the best for last a massage! At 11:15pm I had my first ever chair massage and the masseuse was joking that he would put me in to labor and I told him that's ok at least I would be relaxed! Lots of fun and lots of standing and walking.
I got home and was so ready for bed, but little did I know I would not be getting much sleep for at least the next week. At 1:00am right as I was crawling in to bed my water broke. My previous post takes the story from there.
And now you know or at least have an inkling of how Kella got here so early!
4 comments:
I'm exhausted reading how "gravity worked" for you. Where did you find the energy for all of that? Looking forward to more little Kella pictures and Moira too.
Congratulations on your new arrival! Pat and I are so happy for you and Richard.
Thanks!
******giggles********
Post a Comment